Mark S. Teskey Biography
Mr. Mark S. Teskey, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Air Force Small Business Programs in Washington, D.C. He is responsibile for policy, advocacy, execution, and advice pertaining to Small Business Programs and personnel throughout the department.
Mr. Teskey entered the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Clemson University and was commissioned upon graduation in 1986. He entered the Education Delayed program, attended the University of south Carolina School of Law, and was accepted into the Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corps in 1989. After retiring from active duty, he served in the Department of the Interior as the Associate Solicitor for General Law and as the Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization.
Prior to joining the Department of the Interior, Mr. Teskey served over 23 years in the Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corps specializing in Government Acquisition Law and National Security issues. His final active duty assignment was as the Director of Commercial Law and Litigation for the Air Force, building a worldwide organization to represent Air Force acquisition law and litigation interests from an enterprise perspective in the acquisition law, litigation, and personnel policy areas. He served in a wide variety of base and headquarter level leadership positions. He assumed his current position in April 2014.
- 1986 Bachelor of Arts, Clemson University
- 1988 Juris Doctor, University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia
- 1999 Master of Law, Public Contract Law Specialty, The Army Judge Advocate General's School
- 2000 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
- 2006 Air War College, by correspondence
- 1989 - 1992, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
- 1992 - 1994, Acquisition Attorney, Air Force Materiel Command Law Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
- 1994 - 1998, Chief Counsel DoD Health Services Region IV, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- 1998 - 1999, Graduate Law Student, The Judge Advocate General's School of the Army, Charlottesville, Va.
- 1999 - 2000, Trial Attorney, Air Force Legal Services Agency, Commercial Litigation Division, Arlington, Va.
- 2000 - 2001, Executive to the Commander, Air Force Legal Services Agency, Bolling AFB, D.C.
- 2001 - 2004, Staff Judge Advocate, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
- 2004 - 2005, Staff Judge Advocate, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
- 2005 - 2007, Staff Judge Advocate, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
- 2007 - 2008, Staff Judge Advocate, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Denver, Colo.
- 2008 - 2010, Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Andrews AFB, Md.
- 2010 - 2012, Director, Commerical Law and Litigation, Air Force/JAQ, Arlington, Va.
- 2012 - 2013, Associate Solicitor for General Law, Office of the Solicitor, the Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C.
- 2013 - 2014, Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, Office of the Secretary, The Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C.
- April 2014 - present, Director, Air Force Small Business Programs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
Awards & Honors
- Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Professional Memberships & Associations
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Supreme Court of South Carolina